Unfortunately we are unable to process formations or refunds at this time. If you require a refund please request this through your bank/credit card provider

Incorporating a UK-based limited company from abroad


Contrary to common belief, you can incorporate a UK-based business from abroad and the easiest way to do this is through a formations agent - such as Smarta.

Incorporating a UK-based limited company from abroad:




Generally, HMRC and Companies House do not allow you to incorporate a UK-based business that will be internationally ran, as all UK businesses must have a UK-based registered office address. However, there are options for you to form a company elsewhere in the world and create offices based in the UK. Note: non-UK citizens can form a limited company with Companies House, or a formations agent, if they permeant UK address.  


But if you want to form a UK-based company from abroad do not threat. By using a formations agent, such as Smarta, you can do just that. Remember that not all formations agents offer international packages. You can read more about the benefits of using a formations agent here.


Smarta offers four separate international formations packages; each one includes a registered office address in London for your limited company, which is essential if you want to operate a UK-based business. You can read more about the necessity of registered office addresses here. Smarta’s top packages also offer help and guidance in obtaining a business Visa to the UK for you.


If you want to learn more about Smarta Formations’ international packages and/or want to incorporate with us from abroad, call our support team on: +44 (0) 330 335 1573.




company name availability